“Leaving a gift in your Will is a wonderful way to be there for people experiencing homelessness beyond your lifetime”.
Gift in Wills Month is a national campaign that takes place twice a year, in March and October. During this time you can have a Will written or updated for free by a participating solicitor.
Gifts in wills are essential for many charities, in some cases accounting for up to half of their income. They could help purchase a move on property, furnish a property for someone moving into their own home or pay towards the day to day running of one of Jimmy’s hostels.
There are a couple of different ways to leave a gift in your will. You can either
- leave a specific sum of money
- leave a percentage of your estate.
Here are some of the benefits of leaving a gift for Jimmy’s in your will:
- You can make a real difference to homelessness in Cambridge.
- It is a tax-efficient way to give to charity.
- You can help to secure the future of Jimmy’s to help thousands of people who need us over the coming years.
- It is a way to give back to your community.
If you are considering leaving a gift in your will, thinking about writing a will or updating an existing one please consider leaving a gift to Jimmy’s.
We recommend you speak to a solicitor to get advice on the best way to update or create a Will. They will be able to help you to understand your options and to make sure that your wishes are carried out.