We offer short-term, emergency accommodation for men and women who might otherwise be homeless. In addition to a bedroom and meals, we provide:
- A resettlement and reconnection service to work with you to find a more suitable place to live long-term.
- Support and advocacy for you when you attend appointments.
- A range of activities including sports, leisure and creative workshops plus signposting to other activities in the City.
- Staff who specialise in dealing with alcohol and substance misuse, mental health issues, support for ex-service personnel and counselling.
- Sessions to help you build upon your basic skills such as budgeting, cooking, dealing with the authorities, IT, managing debt and living independently.
- The chance for you to be involved in how we run our service – from helping us design our procedures and the activities programme, to volunteering with us to support the running of the centre.
- Visiting specialists such as the nurse, chiropodist, HIV/Hep workers, drug and alcohol recovery workers, mental health teams, Samaritans and Jimmy’s multi-faith chaplain.
- External service user-led groups who you can speak to about issues that affect you.
- Signposting to external, specialist agencies and services in the area.
- Access to the internet to help you with resources, research and to keep in contact with friends and family.
- The support of over 200 volunteers from the community who work with us to ensure you get the most from your stay at Jimmy’s.
Category: Need Help?